Sunday, December 30, 2012

A HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR TO ALL THOSE WHO COME BY HERE 

Though some gloomy thoughts are realistic too as we look ahead


*************************

The economic future




*************************

I am afraid she might be right




*************************

But this might give us hope



An American teen (in the yellow hazard suit) who built a working fusor (nuclear fusion reactor) in his spare time.  A society that produces such a kid and gives him such opportunities has unfathomable potential.  And he is not alone.  Other hobbyists build fusors.

SOURCE

*************************

And even the Soviets allowed this music to thrive



The piano player, Emil Gilels, was a Ukrainian Jew and a Soviet citizen -- here  in an exquisite performance of Beethoven's "Emperor" concerto


Posted by John J. Ray (M.A.; Ph.D.).

1 comment:

Doom said...

Hmm, hitting doom everywhere I go today. Not to brag, or... something. Must be the day for it. Aye, but somehow it cheers me and warms my... heart. Never mind... Yeah, yeah, I'm going...

*Nobody, nobody, nobody... nobody care for me...* V.H. starring Dave.

Home

eXTReMe Tracker