Friday, July 22, 2005

I'm Still Shaking My Head

If someone sneaks into your house, he/she has rights that can be violated.

From The Arizona Republic:
A federal immigration judge on Thursday tossed out deportation cases against four Phoenix students who are in the United States illegally, saying they were targeted by immigration officials at the Canadian border because they are Hispanic.

U.S. Immigration Judge John Richardson said the government violated the students' constitutional rights against illegal search and seizure and that officials unlawfully obtained evidence against the four.
This is so bizarre. I don't even know what's an appropriate response. Am I to understand that immigration officials cannot target illegal aliens? I thought that was their job. My head hurts.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker