Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cash Cab

I have watched the Emmy-winning program Cash Cab on occasion and have been struck by the apparently low level of knowledge of the average rider and game-participant. Granted, the show takes place in Manhattan so a liberal mindset should be expected. But it's worse than that.

Contestants repeatedly seem to have a frame of reference that restricts American and World History to only the last ten years and limits knowledge of world geography to the five boroughs of New York City. I'd even question their familiarity with the five boroughs.

To be fair, I'm not a regular viewer of the show and it's possible that I just saw programs where the cab customers were dolts and, in actuality, most New York cab riders are well-informed citizens.

In fact, the Cash Cab riders were recently given kudos by NFL star Reggie Bush who commented on Twitter:
"Man I get so irritated watching Cash Cab cuz the questions are so hard yet these random people know them! It's gotta be rigged! Lol!"
Random people know more than a professional football player? I'm shocked!

In any event, I plan on watching more airings of the program in an attempt to support or dispute my initial assessment regarding people who ride the Cash Cab.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker