Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Government Haircutting Agency

(Sjöbo, Sweden) The Left Party in Sweden has proposed that haircutting be a public service to counter the "monopoly" of private businesses.
"If they are serious about free choice then they have to want it in all sectors, otherwise it is just rot," said Lucas Lennartsson, chair of the Left Party in Sjöbo in a challenge to the Alliance coalition majority.

Furthermore Lennartsson and the Left Party don't want to stop with a public haircutting service, releasing a long list of business sectors that they argue should be in the public sphere, such as adult education and mobility services.
Frankly, I'm at a loss to understand how government-run haircutting would offer customers free choice. Government control means one choice and one choice only.

On a personal note, I have experience with a government-run haircutting service and not even once was my hair cut like I wanted. In fact, I was regularly reminded that nobody cared how I wanted my hair cut. It was in boot camp.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker