Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Blind Woman Gets Prison for Sex with Boy - Updated

(Washington Court House, Ohio) Chastity Davis appeared in court on Monday and was sentenced by Judge Steven Beathard for engaging in sex with a 15-year-old boy which resulted in a child being born.

Davis will serve eight months in prison and be subject to five years of post-release supervisory probation.
"In reading your statement and hearing you today, I haven't heard that you're ashamed of what you did," Judge Beathard said. "If no one's told you, I'll tell you....Shame on you for this action."

Before Judge Beathard's reprimands, Davis, who is legally blind, tearfully explained her situation.

"Your honor, I'd just like to say that I know that I was wrong," she said. "This has not only affected my life but it's affected my kids. I promise you that I will not mess up again and I know that you hear that all the time....but I thought that with parental consent, it was OK. We were going to get married. It's not like I sneaked him out or anything."

However, Fayette County Prosecutor David Bender pointed out that Davis did try to hide the juvenile from the law.
Judge Beathard ordered Davis to be classified as a Tier II sex offender. After the proceedings, Davis was taken to the Ohio Reformatory for Women in Marysville.

* * * * *

Blind Woman Guilty of Unlawful Sex with Boy
[Previous 7/30/10 post]
(Washington Court House, Ohio) A 25-year-old local blind woman, Chastity J. Davis, pleaded guilty in Fayette County Common Pleas Court this week to two counts of unlawful sex with a 15-year-old boy.

Despite her blindness, Davis admitted knowing the boy was a minor.
On March 25 of this year, Washington C.H. Police received a call about a runaway juvenile, possibly at Davis' home, according to reports. When an officer met Davis at her home, Davis reportedly said that the juvenile was not in the residence.
However, the boy was hiding in the back room and Davis was arrested for obstruction of official business.
During discussions with the juvenile, he admitted to being the father of Davis' 1-month-old child, according to authorities.

Following this discovery, Davis was charged with unlawful sexual conduct with a minor.
Sentencing has been scheduled for September 13.

No comments:

Home

eXTReMe Tracker