Tuesday, December 24, 2013


Christmas!

A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL WHO COME BY HERE!

And if you are going to church, I hope the sermon is a good one.  The sermons can get pretty boring in some of the old-line churches these days.  With a bit of luck the minister might even talk about Redemption, which is what Christmas is all about.  But talking about Redemption involves talking about SIN!  So I doubt that you will hear much about Redemption in a lot of churches.

I am not so far planning to attend a service this year but we will see.  I went to a rather good Christmas carol service at Wynnum Presbyterian church on Sunday.

Posted by John J. Ray (M.A.; Ph.D.).

5 comments:

Doom said...

Merry Christmas to you, as well. Same same, with regards to church. But I, too, visited another church for Christmas music.

Redemption? I... thought you were an atheist? All good, no problems here, and glad you have that particular notion in mind. Just... a happy surprise. Yeah, I... don't always see what's right there, if you have... announced a change.

Unknown said...

"old-line churches" ??? I am A Roman Catholic Pre-Vatican 2, Latin/Tridentine Liturgy. Not the novus ordo( I'm sorry today we are called traditional Catholics)You can't get more old line than that and the sermons are Never boring..

Doom said...

Hmm? Wow. Oh, and by the way? I became Catholic but had to figure things out. I can't believe we are on the same page. Wait... maybe I can believe, just... surprised.

Took me half a decade to sort, but sort I did.

JR said...

Sorry if I misled. I don't believe in redemption or any other religious idea.

I was just pointing out the cowardice of some alleged Christian ministers -- who are loath to mention the central element of their faith even at Christmas when it should be to the fore

Wireless.Phil said...

Like I said, as I do every year, the hell with it all and just hold-up inside and drink beer and watch nothing on TV cause its all about Christmas.

Home

eXTReMe Tracker